- +47 23 06 60 06/ +47 90 97 79 63
- Visiting address
- Klaus Torgårdsvei 3A, third floor
- Postal address
- Center for Shared Decision Making and Collaborative Care Research
Oslo University Hostipal HF Division of Medicine
Box 4950 Nydalen
- PhD from Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø (UiTø) (2006-2008).
- Honours degree in psychology (Cand psychol) University of Oslo 1983
- Education (1 yr. Program – “pedagogikk”) University of Oslo, 1978
- Bachelor studies University of Oregon, 1974 and Portland State University, 1975
2011- Current: 40% NST, 60% sr scientist at Center for Shared Decision Making, Oslo Univ.Hosp.
01.10.2011- current: 20% Associate Professor, Høyskolen i Buskerud, Psykisk Helse
1995 –2011: Norwegian Centre for Integrated Care and Telemedicine (NST) http://www.telemed.no
- Post doctoral work (2 year Helse Nord funding, Jan 2010-through 2011)
- Acting head of Dept of Research and Innovation (March-December 2009)
- 25% NST projects, 75% PhD at Med. Faculty, UiTø (2006-2008)
- Visiting scientist at Oregon Research Institute (2004-2005)
- Program manager: The e-health consumer (2002-2005)
- Head of R&D task force: New patient roles (1999-2001)
- Member of centre management team (1997-1999)
- Research psychologist, project management
2005-2007: 20 % Associate professor, Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiTø.
- Development of course in Master of Telemedicine and eHealth (TLM 3060).
1990-1995: Telenor Research and Development http://telenor.com, Tromsø, Norway.
- The telemedicine project
- Research psychologist
1987-1990: Telenor EDB Business Partner, Oslo, Norway
- Head of staff - organisational development (OD), strategy and training
- OD consultant in national systems development projects
1985-1987: Norwegian Directorate of Telecommunications, Oslo Norway
- Organisational consultant
- Project member - “Office automation project” – personnel, organisational implications
1984-1985: Quasar Consultants, Oslo Norway: Consultant in man-machine interface evaluation
International committee membership
- Council of Europe: Norwegian representative in the Committee of Experts (SP-IMP/TECH): “The impact of information technologies on health care: the patient and Internet.” 2001-2003.
Membership in steering committees and reference groups
- North Norwegian IT-network for disabled children (NONITE) (1996-1998)
- Centre for crisis psychiatry, Bergen: Web-based information and services (2003-2004)
- Norwegian Cancer Association, Oslo: Web-based smoke cessation support (2004-2005)
- Teknologirådet (2009-2010)
Internship supervision for psychology students, Institute of Psychology, UiTø
- 12 students from 1999-2006 (6 months, 4 days per week).
Secondary Ph.D. supervisor, Telemedicine and eHealth, Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiTø 2009- 2012, Center for Shared Decision-Making/OUS Spring 2011-current.
Main Ph.D. supervisor for 1 candidate OUS, 1 candidate UiT.
Journal referee: J Telemed and Telecare, J medical ethics, J paediatrics, J medical internet res, Nuffield Council on Bioethics, J applied gerontology, Tidsskrift Norsk Psykologforening, HICS.
Grant funding success: Includes 9 externally funded PhDs from NFR and Helse Nord.
Sensor Master Degrees: Univ. of Bergen, 2009, Univ. of Tromsø 2009, Oslo Univ. College, 2011